Friday, April 2, 2010

Oakland...is cold.

So I managed to get a month off of work, and am on my way south from Seattle to do some bike touring.  After a few days visiting friends and family in Oakland/SF/Big Sur, I will hop on a train bound for San Diego.  Hopefully, the bike and gear I shipped down there last week will actually be there, and in good condition.

The plan is to get on the bike and ride east from San Diego, make a pit stop in Flagstaff, AZ, then on to Austin, TX.  Total distance will be around 1700 miles.  I have a couple maps, my camera, and a little tent.  Should be an adventure.

Besides an excuse to ride my bike, I am doing trip as a fund raiser for Youth In Focus, the photography program for the youth that I volunteer at.  As usual, I am running late on setting all of these things up.  Dang, maybe I should have been working on this instead of hanging out and eating burritos.

If you want to help me support YIF, there is a donate button at the bottom of the main page of their website.  Or here.  Add a note in the "dedication" section, and tell them why you are donating.

Or just look at the photos.

The Campanile at UC-Berkeley, shuffle-board table at the Kingfish Pub, and the cat at my friends Emily's house.

More soon...and thanks for looking.

Nels Reese

nels.reese@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment