Saturday, April 17, 2010

Southward! And Kind of Downhill


Rolled out of Flafstaff, full of pancakes and coffee.  Pedaled across the Mogollon Plateau, then dropped into the Tonto Basin.  Camped near Lake Roosevelt after a nice swim last night.  Was in the range land, so had to scare off some cows from my campsite.  Probably wanted my cheesey rice, broccoli and tuna.

Was a ten mile climb away from the lake, then south to Globe for a late breakfast, coffee, and some internetting.  Another lake in store today.  Wooot!

Around 650 miles for the trip, got my first flat yesterday.  There were two staples stuck in my tire.

Photos-

Little pond next to the road near Strawberry, Lake Roosevelt, heavy bike, saguaro near my campsite, and cacti-filled hills near Globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment